The Dictionary list view shows the dictionaries that are currently installed in the Dictionary Repository. If you have a large number of Dictionaries, the filter can be used to reduce the number of Dictionaries listed by entering a partial name of the dictionaries that you wish to view.
You my view the details of a Dictionary by selecting the Dictionary name to open the Dictionary.
Create a New Dictionary
Dictionaries may be imported from existing NonStop Server DDL or DDL2 dictionaries.
To create a new Dictionary:
- Click the icon to open the Create Dictionary dialog.
- Enter the name of the new Dictionary.
- Enter the name of the Guardian subvolume that contains the DDL dictionary.
- By default, all objects in the DDL dictionary are imported into the LightWave dictionary. If appropriate, select a subset of the objects to import. Note that the dependencies of an object need not be individually selected, they are automatically imported.
- Click Create.
Importing a Dictionary
You can import a dictionary from a previously exported or manually created dictionary file.
To import a previously exported Dictionary file:
- Click the icon to open the upload dialog.
- Click the to open a file browser and select the Dictionary file.
- Enter the name of the imported Dictionary.
- If appropriate, select the checkbox to replace an existing dictionary with the same name.
- Click Upload.