Client applications can be coded in any programming language supported on HPE NonStop.
The maximum interprocess message size supported by LightWave Client is the same as the maximum message size supported by the Guardian message system for process servers, and NonStop TS/MP Pathsend for Pathway serverclasses. The maximum message size is typically 2MB (2097152 bytes) on modern NonStop systems, but may vary depending on NonStop software versions and the application language in use.
These are the steps required to develop a client application:
- Using the Console, create the API definition for the service you wish to access:
- Import a definition in OpenAPI (a/k/a Swagger) format that is provided by the service owner, or
- Create the definition using the API Editor together wtih sample requests and responses provided by the service owner
- Generate the API interface IPMs to be used by your application
- Using the Console, generate DDL source for the IPMs
- Load generated DDL source into a DDL dictionary
- Generate language-specific header files
- Create code in your application to call the service using the IPMs defined in the header files.
- Include the generated header file
- set the 'method alias' and any API-specific parameters
- send the request IPM to the LightWave Client Process
- Run the application
- Configure and start the LightWave Client Process Instance
- Run your client application